Volunteering is health!
At Share Ourselves, we believe in the power of individuals coming together to create meaningful impact in the community. Since our founding in 1970, our dedicated volunteers have been instrumental in our service delivery, leaving a legacy of compassion. Become a volunteer and join our vibrant community of volunteers who make a tangible difference in the lives of our neighbors.
“Make it enjoyable for yourself, because if you’re just going through the motions, you won’t make a significant impact. Get to know the other volunteers and the individuals you’re serving. By forming genuine connections, you’ll truly understand the transformative power of compassion and service.”Jeanne Fisher
Important Volunteer Information and Guidelines:
- Volunteer positions are unpaid and provided on a voluntary basis
- All volunteers must be 16 years or older to participate in our programs
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 10-15 pounds
- Reaching, bending, and lifting may be necessary during your shift
- We prioritize the safety and well-being of our volunteers and the communities we serve. Therefore, COVID-19 vaccination is recommended but not required. In an effort to mitigate COVID-19 masking is a requirement regardless of vaccination status
- Share Ourselves is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage volunteers from all backgrounds to join us in our mission